Saturday, June 21, 2008

Walking in Raleigh, NC

I arrived in Raleigh yesterday evening and Carver met me at the airport and we went to her house. We hung out for awhile and chatted and she fixed dinner - it really hit the spot! - then we chatted some more and went to bed. It's pretty comfortable here with lots of stuff to look at it. She wants me to feel right at home, so that's what I'm doing'!

We went for a brief walk last night - after sitting for two days in meetings, I felt the need to stretch my legs. Then, after I got up this morning, we walked on the part of Raleigh's Green Way that is near Carver's house. We both got overheated as it's about 82 with 54% humidity, but now I'm relaxing at her house.

It's been fun to see things that I've only seen in pictures from her blog - including her secret garden and the trails around her house. After lunch, I think we may be going to the local Farmer's Market. If I wanted, we could do more sightseeing and that would be fine. The point of the trip, though, is to just hang out and get to know Carver some more since we've been corresponding electronically for several months. I also like not being scheduled or having an agenda. It's nice to just hang loose and relax. Also, since I've been on three planes in the past four days . . . and will go on two more tomorrow, the less time spent traveling, the better.

So, yep, I'm having a great time and enjoying my stay! I think I may color another mandala!

2 comments:

Carver said...

Hi Dee, It was great seeing you. I hope your flight home wasn't delayed and that everything went smoothly. Take care, Carver

Dee said...

Hi Carver,
It was great seeing you, too! I just hope I didn't tire you out too much! You were a great host and I enjoyed my time there!
Dee