Monday, June 30, 2008

Sorry! I've been out of touch . . .

I just realized that I haven't updated my blog in a few days. Sorry! I guess I've either been busy or too tired.

On Friday, I took my son and niece and nephew to see WALL E. It was a cute movie with a good message. Then, we went to dinner and I brought my niece and nephew home and then was too tired.

On Saturday, I took my son and Scott and his daughter out to lunch for Scott's birthday and then took a ride on a Willamette Jetboat from OMSI to Willamette Falls. It was about 100 out and being on an open boat on the river was just what the doctor ordered. We wore lots of sunscreen and then had fun when the jetboat operator purposefully splashed us. We saw a bald eagle's nest and an osprey nest, expensive houseboats and big mansions (near Lake Oswego), then went down and saw the old Willamette Locks and Willamette Falls. All in all a great two hours on the river!

Sunday, it was much too hot to much of anything. I played softball Sunday afternoon. My brother-in-law finished doing his part on Eddie's Big Wheel. Now my task is to paint it and put the numbers on it, too.

Today, I had radiation treatment #18 - only 10 more to go!! Yay! Still dealing with the open wound (spent about $50 in one week for dressings and banndages!). The wound care nurse gave me a durable medical equipment catalog and I was able to order everything I needed directly from them and they will bill my insurance. Can you imagine? Otherwise, I might have a $200 bill for bandages and dressings that I just throw away. Criminy.

Other than that, I'm doing well - having fun - I think I finally shook that bad mood. My son's enjoying his summer break. I've more or less gave up on work for the month of June. I do have a couple of things that I want to get to this week, but I think I may take most of July off as well. I need to write a couple of articles and do some background research for a new project and write a couple of reviews.

Hope you all are doing well out there!

2 comments:

j said...

"boat" "splash" "lake" "ride" -- you just lowered my temperature by about 20 degrees. what a lovely day. (and congrats on the bandage coup! Who knew med supplies could be so frigging expensive. Thx for the tip on the bag balm by the way! Aquafor is too rich for my blood!!) nycjmf

Dee said...

Hi Jeanne,
I highly recommend a boat ride when it's hot out. It felt wonderful - getting wet and then having the wind in your hair was just very cooling!

And, yes, some of these bandages are too friggin' expensive. Thank goodness for insurance!