Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last year at this time ...

I was struggling, feeling sad, angry, and alone. I colored a mandala that I entitled "Slow Burn". I asked my friends for help, and especially to initiate contact with me because I didn't have energy. I had to do daily radiation treatments. I felt tired and was worried about whether or not I would be able to travel.

What a difference a year makes. Since then, I've flown to DC/North Carolina, Anchorage, Bergen, Norway, and Guovdageaidnu, Norway. I've taught a full load. I've written one article (grrr - wanted to do more there), worked on several research projects, submitted a supplemental request, supervised grad research assistants, managed a household, learned how to make the choice to be happy on a daily basis, made new friends, etc. etc. etc.

I guess I'm doing okay. I'm glad I'm where I'm at now than where I was last year. You know, it's partly because of you. Thank you all, for your support!

2 comments:

MisAnthropology said...

Sheesh... it's been a year already? Just goes to show how fast things can turn around. This serves to remind us to stay on our toes ready to leap.

Dee said...

Amazing, isn't it, Mary? I'm glad things turn around that quickly . . . the hole I found myself in was not fun. Lookin' forward to Saturday night!