Monday, June 8, 2009

Feeling Better!?! : )

My stomach is not quite right yet - when I woke up in the middle of the night, I drank a sip of water and it almost came right back up and then I got the chills. I changed into my flannel pj's and put another blanket on the bed and ate a bunch of plain crackers. I was able to sleep 'til almost 7am.

This morning, all I really wanted to do was to take it easy and watch movies at home. However, I had to shower and get dressed because I had to go to a thesis defense this morning. I'm glad that I went - it was interesting - although physically it was still touch and go. My legs felt a little shaky and I feel really tired.

After the defense, I picked up a couple of things in my office, had lunch, then walked to my car and came home. I watched the movie "7 Pounds" with Will Smith. It was a good movie, [spoiler alert] if a tearjerker. I think I got the crying out of my system, though.

So, mentally, I feel better, but my tummy still isn't quite right. It's gurgling away and trying to cramp up. Good thing I don't have to do much today!

3 comments:

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

I jave added you to my blogroll, Canver blog Links. Also...Open invitation to you and your readers to participate in the Being Cancer Book Club. This month we are discussing “The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. “...the lecture he gave ... was about the importance of overcoming obstacles, of enabling the dreams of others, of seizing every moment (because “time is all you have…and you may find one day that you have less than you think”). It was a summation of everything Randy had come to believe. It was about living.”
Monday is Book Club day; Tuesday Guest Blog and Friday Cancer News Roundup.
Also check out Cancer Blog Links containing almost 200 blog links and Cancer Resources with 230 referenced sites, both divided into disease categories.
Please accept this invitation to join our growing cancer blogging community at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, Dennis

Daria said...

Hi Dee,

Just a response to your question on my blog ..

Tumors in my lungs, liver and bones. The largest are on my liver ... one over 2 cm and one under 2cm.

So far I have no pain from the cancer.

We just battle on.

Daria

Dee said...

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll . . . it's a great list, for sure! I'm in the midst of finals week and so won't be able to participate in the Cancer Book Club, but perhaps in the future. I'm also sorry to hear about your recent hospitalization. My own recent stomach bug is no comparison because of how mild it was - it was still bad enough to bring down my mood! Take care of yourself, okay?

Hi Daria,
Thank you for letting me know where they are - I'll try to include some visualizations to shrink that stubborn one! You know what? A friend of mine suggested that instead of visualizing the tumors to shrink, that you can visualize the organs as nice and healthy instead - if they are healthy and strong, there's no room for tumors. I'm visualizing healthy lungs and liver and bone for you!

Take care!