Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reprieve

On my way to see the wound care nurse, I got a call from Radiology. They didn't have the P.A.S. port in stock. It has to be special ordered. This meant that my appointment to have the port inserted was canceled!

Yay! A reprieve!

I wanted to celebrate, so we went to McGrath's for lunch. Salad and fishermen's stew. Yum.

This gives me a few more days to recover from Abraxane and also from the infection next week. I'll feel stronger. It had been feeling like I was getting beat up - one thing after another. Yay! I may actually get some work done tomorrow.

The wound care nurse also felt that the surgeon needs to debride the dead tissue from the wound. It goes fairly deep into that lesion - about an inch. And, it's about an inch or more around. Dead tissue can be a nice place for bacteria to hide, so it's best to get rid of it. Maybe he'll also get rid of the dead tumor. Maybe I won't have as much of a dressing. Maybe I can actually wear something a little nicer next week for Puttin' on the Pink. I see the surgeon tomorrow morning. And, see what happens.

It may still be months before this thing heals. But if it gets smaller, I won't mind. Not one little bit.

3 comments:

Liz Kreger said...

Best that you're up to snuff when you get the port. Its a really easy surgery. I was awake during the whole thing ... but in la-la land. I just remember one of the nurses chatting and joking with me the entire time.

Good luck with getting rid of the ick.

Joanna said...

Heal rapidly and completely.

Joanna

Dee said...

Hi Liz,
Thanks for letting me know how your experience with the port went . . . I am sure I'll be fine, maybe a little woozy afterwards.

And, to both of you, I hope the ick goes away and it heals quickly! : )