Saturday, October 2, 2010

Docs Say Wait

My temperature got as high as 100.7 so I called both the surgeon and the oncologist on call. In the end, they said that they wanted me to give the Flagyl and Levaquin time to work. At least another day or two. The surgeon said he would check on the lab results for the sample they took to culture yesterday. He would call me tomorrow once he found out anything.

So, I wait. I check in with the docs and the wound care nurse on Monday. If my temperature gets as high as 102.5, then call.

The surgeon also said I could take out the packing in the cavity. So, I did. I tried not to gag. I'm glad that's over and done with.

Sigh. I want this over and done with already. I want to get back to my regularly scheduled life.

No comments: