Sunday, January 31, 2010

Herceptin - One Week Out

I've been tired today. I think it's due to residual effects of Herceptin and trying to fight off a cold.

I also had a nice walk yesterday morning in the forest, in a drizzle, with Cat and her dogs. It wasn't a long walk, but since I'm still recovering a bit from Herceptin, maybe it tired me out. I woke up feeling great yesterday, so didn't think anything about whether or not it might tire me out some. I don't regret the walk, though! It's nice to get out and get some fresh air!

My theory with regard to being tired due to Herceptin is this: for a few days last week, my body was trying to flush the Herceptin out of my body. Now, it's trying to flush the dead cancer cells out of my body. That takes work.

Also, it seems that the swollen lymph nodes are still shrinking a bit. It's really hard to tell. Sometimes, it feels the same and sometimes, it feels like it might be smaller. They may have moved around a little bit. They've been tender the last couple of days and that may be due to my body trying to clear out the cancer and/or lifting and holding Baby Gooey.

I've had a slight sore throat, too, and took Airborne today so that it doesn't develop into more of a cold. My nose has been a bit runny today.

Other than that, dad and Scotty rearranged Eddie's room and it feels a lot bigger. I got pictures and other things organized there. Then, I was able to move a few more things out of my room so it's starting to feel less cluttered. I posted about 20 or so items on Craigslist on Thursday and already we've sold about 6 of them and two more people are stopping by tomorrow for a couple of things. So, the garage is feeling less cluttered and we have a little spending money. I paid some bills and also did some preparation for filing my taxes, like calculating out of pocket expenses for medical bills.

All in all, a productive day, even if I spent most of it on the couch! : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz Kreger said...

I've been so out of it lately, Dee, that I didn't realize you were going on Herceptin! Geez, sorry I wasn't on line to read everything until today.

Personally I don't recall the initial symptoms ... its been a number of years since I'd been on Herceptin, but the fatigue and lower back ache sounds familiar. The fatigue is a gimmee. Anything you take will wear you out.

Good luck with this treatment. Its been very effective for a lot of people and I'm praying that you're one of them. I'll track your posts more closely to see how you're doing.

Carver said...

I hope you'll start feeling better and better. I like the theory of the cancer cells being flushed out. That's a good image to have.