Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Herceptin

So, today was a really good day. I had a great night's sleep last night and felt fairly awake until early evening. Sometimes, I feel like I might have a headache (a side effect), but it doesn't last for long.

Another side effect that I may have had (other than fatigue) was lower back pain, caused by the kidneys trying to process this foreign chemical in your body. I certainly had lower back pain on Monday night and through Tuesday. But it was hard to tell if it was because of Herceptin or because of all the sitting I did on airplanes, in a conference room on Thurs/Fri and in the car on Sunday. But it was gone by this morning, so perhaps it was the good night's sleep, plus I tried to drink a lot of fluids to help flush out the Herceptin.

And, I swear, those swollen lymph nodes already feel a little less swollen. They are certainly less tender and the shooting pain I had last week isn't there. My dad said that maybe something was slightly infected or irritated. Who knows? But I choose to believe that Herceptin is doing the trick!

1 comment:

Carver said...

I'm so glad you got a good night's sleep. That can make all the difference in the world.