Saturday, January 2, 2010

Got to Love Liz! "We have a life to live and it doesn't involve giving in to cancer"

One of my fellow cancer bloggers, Liz at Literally Liz, said "We have a life to life and it doesn't involve giving in to cancer. Just all there is to it" in response to a comment I made on her first 2010 post.

Like, I said, you got to love Liz!

Today, I was going to accompany a friend to REI in Eugene to exchange something, but she decided she didn't need it, so ... we drove to the coast instead!

We drove to Newport, then north to Lincoln City, had lunch, hit the Outlet Mall, then an antique store, and then took the long way home. All in all, a good day. I hadn't been to the coast in a long time and it was fun. Unfortunately, it was high tide, so we couldn't really get out to walk at the beach we were at, but it was enough to feel the wind, smell the coast, and hear the waves.

Man, I really love the coast. I really love it.

Thanks, B., for suggesting the coast jaunt and thanks for the great company.

2 comments:

Carver said...

I love the quote form Liz and your trip to the coast sounds great.

Dee said...

Hi Carver,
I love that quote from Liz, too! Hope you're doing well!
Deanna