Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I have a feeling that this is going to be a very good year. I'm tired today - but it's a good tired, so I'm just taking it easy.

Yesterday, I had lunch with a friend (mmm, Indian food), then another friend picked up a new loft bed for Eddie - and found that it needed to be torn apart before transporting so it was a longer project than expected - brought it back to the house and Dad and Scott started putting it together again, then I ran an errand, then I went to a colleague's house for New Year's Even potluck dinner, then to another friend's to ring in the New Year. I had about a glass and a half of wine at my colleague's house, then several glasses of water over several hours, then a half a drink to ring in the New Year. I made it home safely by 1am and managed to sleep in until about 8:30 or so. Thank you, Rick, for transporting the loft bed and helping to take it apart!

Today, all I did was to attend a qigong/meditation class. Then helped move some things out of Eddie's current room into his new room. Scotty and Dad finished putting together Eddie's bed. Thank you!

But, the house is still a mess. I decided to get rid of these old metal filing cabinets that I've had for years so now I have files all over my bedroom floor. Yikes! I really want to go through them and throw out old papers that I no longer need.

Eddie's room has piles of things in it, too. I have a lot to clean up!

Last night, as I left my colleague's house to go to my friend's house, the right rib area became tender again. It's not really a sharp pain or an ache, but it felt bruised and hard to breath. I assume that just whatever small amount of physical activity (reaching or carrying things) triggered it. I hadn't worn any Under Armor, either, yesterday, so it's back on today.

Qigong helped that tightness/tenderness I felt and it also helped to stretch the lymph nodes under my left arm. Those swollen lymph nodes have tightened the tissue under my arm, making it hard to stretch over my head.

I had a breakthrough this week - it's just a matter of finding another perspective about my high school days and making my peace with it. It feels like this hard armor or whatever that I'd built over myself is dissolving. This breakthrough came about through Facebook (of all things) and also reading Depak Chopra's "Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul". It's because of this that I think this New Year will be a good one!

I almost forgot - another friend gave me and my folks some money. Thank you, friend!

Happy 2010! Love you all! I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers, blessings, and energy that people send my way, as always.

1 comment:

Carver said...

Sounds like a great start to the New Year Dee. Wishing you and yours all the best in the year ahead!