Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Step Closer to UW Immunetherapy trial

The clinical coordinator of the immunotherapy trial at UW has reviewed my records and believes that I am, indeed, eligible. But before they can make a final determination, they need a recent echocardiogram or MUGA, so I'll call Dr. K's office and have him order it for me. I need another one anyway, since I've started Herceptin.

I really like the idea of doing this immunotherapy - using your own cells to fight the cancer sounds about right to me. I'll keep you posted on what happens with this!

In the meantime, still doing well, although tired today because I didn't sleep well last night. I'm taking it easy!

Oh yeah, I ended up having lunch with Phyllis Lee today - she's the retired former Director of Multicultural Affairs (now the Office of Community & Diversity) for whom the award I received was named after. She was very gracious and treated me to lunch! Thank you, Phyllis!

No comments: