Monday, March 3, 2008

My Xeloda!

I was chatting with my colleagues, Joan Gross and Loren Davis, about the side effects that I experienced this week-end related to Xeloda. You know, the inflammation I felt around my mouth and the angry zits on my face. My face seems almost normal now and so does my mouth. I am so glad to be off the Xeloda this week!

Loren, who has one of the quickest wits that I know, said that I should compose a song to the tune of "My Sharona!" Remember that song? Here's a first stab at it.

Ooh my little orange pill, my orange pill,
Hate to take you twice a day, Xeloda!
Ooh you make my mouth burn, my mouth burn.
Hard to keep the sores away, Xeloda!
I can't wait to stop, give it up,
All the zits, from these drugs,
are the pits. My my my i yi woo. M M M My Xeloda . . .

I can't quite get that next to line right. Does someone want to help here? Does any one else have ideas for verses two and three? I actually had to google "my sharona lyrics" in order to figure out Verse #1. It's kinda fun . . . at least, I've always enjoyed making up silly rhymes.

Thanks, Loren!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jeez! I guess I should read all these blog entries before I post one and sound like I'm plagiarizing Loren's idea! HAHAHA! I started from the newest and have been reading backward to catch up. I'm such a dork!

Dee said...

Heather,
The saying is, "Great minds think alike!" So, you're not a dork. Or else Loren is a dork, too. Something like that!

But that doesn't let you off the hook - you and Josh could come up with new lyrics with me!

How're you guys doing, anyway?