Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ah, my Xeloda

I'm doing okay on the Xeloda. Had a brief stint of light-headedness yesterday but overall the nausea seems nonexistent. I think I figured out what exacerbates the nausea and what doesn't. But, I already started getting mouth sores - on the inside of my cheek and another on the tip of my tongue and some of my gums are bleeding again. I had a salad last night with vinaigrette and although not too spicy, it did burn my mouth and my lips. Swished with the aloe vera juice and that seems to help. The tips of a couple of my fingers are tingling and/or getting number. So, I'll call my doctor today and just ask him about decreasing my dose even more.

Slept okay, although I woke up early. I think the melatonin is helping. The skin rash and the skin mets continue to slowly disappear! So, I can't complain too much. And, more of my daffodils bloomed yesterday! Yay!

4 comments:

Liz Kreger said...

Good to hear that the skin rash appears to be receding, but I'm sorry to hear about the mouth sores. Never got those and they sound incredibly unpleasant.

Hang in there, Dee.

Dee said...

Hi again Liz,
The mouth sores aren't too unpleasant, but when it started causing inflammation of my lips and bleeding gums, it made it hard to eat spicy food.

I talked to my doctor's office earlier today. He said to stop taking Xeloda for two days and then go on the following regimen - 2 pills twice/day, Mon to Fri, then off for the week-end. We'll see how I do with that.
yay! Two days off already. I'm lovin' it!
Dee

Heather said...

Every time I read the word "Xeloda", it makes me think of that song, "My Sharona."

"Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Xeloda?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
Gun it comin' off the line Xeloda
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch
of the younger kind. My my my i yi woo. M M M My Xeloda..."

hee hee!!!

Dee said...

Heather,
You know, I could picture you and Josh singing this song! Now, if the two of you could come up with alternative lyrics, that would be fun! Something to do with not sleeping, too.