Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back on Xeloda

Today, I started taking Xeloda again, although at a slightly reduced dose than last time - I take 3 in the morning and 2 at night. I really loved last week, when I didn't have to take it. I felt much better since some of the nastier side effects - the inflamed mouth, red zits, and slight nausea - were not present. On Tykerb, I just seem to have little white zits, and of course, trouble sleeping.

So, I stalked up on sweet-tasting carbs to help me counteract the nausea, as well as some diet Sierra Mist. I'm still using the aloe vera gel on my face and I plan to swish with the aloe vera juice tonight to maybe fend off the mouth sores.

I have an acupuncture treatment this week, which I'm sure will help me cope. But, so far, so good. No nausea today, just thirsty, so I'm trying to drink lots of water.

I was depressed earlier today - because I knew I was starting Xeloda again and also because I didn't sleep well last night. I'd slept well the night before, so I hoped that I would sleep well again. Being tired really does affect my mood.

I like being productive - I don't usually like to sit around watching TV all the time, especially when there's stuff to do around the house. I really wanted to be lazy, today, though. But I hadn't vacuumed in a couple of weeks and the cat is beginning to shed more hair, so I really wanted to get it all cleaned up.

I did get in a good walk today - it was gorgeous here - partly sunny and 60 degrees. The daffodils in front of my kitchen window started blooming yesterday and I saw some little pink buds on the flowering plum tree out back today, too. That's always good to lift one's mood!

No comments: