Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tired Today . . . A Rousing Match of Super Mario Kart Helps, though!

I didn't sleep well last night - not sure what was up. I woke up every 1.5 to 2 hours. The previous few nights, I had a half dose of Nyquil before bed because of my nasal congestion and I swear I slept 4-5 hours straight on that stuff. I didn't take it last night because my cold is better.

The day went fairly well - had a nice chat on the phone with an old friend, prepared for class, had a good class, made travel arrangements for Alaska (two weeks away already) for a research trip, then Eddie and I saw "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and then dinner with my folks - but I've felt tired most of the day. Maybe even a bit moody. Probably because of not sleeping well the night before and also probably because of the news of the tumor markers.

Dad told me at dinner that I had five comments after my post on the tumor markers. So, after dinner, I read them and I cried a little bit. I am really thankful for all of your supportive comments, and for sending your healing and positive thoughts from all over the world. You know, if thoughts and prayers and all have anything at all to do with my healing - and I believe that they do - this cancer doesn't stand a chance. In fact, I think that I'm doing as well as I am precisely because of what you all are doing for me. I do know that it could be worse. Anyway, that's what I choose to believe most of the time - cancer is not going to kill me. I'm going to be around for a good long time. I just need to spend more of my time and energy healing on a daily basis. I really want to learn how to meditate better.

Thank you, everyone, from the bottom of my heart! Have a wonderful evening! And, oh yeah, wish me luck playing volleyball tonight! If we have enough players, though, I'm coming home. Too tired!

P.S. Two hours later: Eddie and I played two Grand Prix's on wii's Super Mario Kart! I won the first one by two points and he won the second one by two points! Woo hoo! That's the first time I beat him at Mario Kart! Yippee! If that doesn't help with fatigue, I don't know what does! My team, unfortunately, lost our match tonight, but it was a close one - 22-20 and 21-18. I started coughing a lot so I stopped after the second game. So, I feel better. Tired still but good!

4 comments:

Rena said...

Your thoughts help me and gives me strength, Dede! Keep it up! Reen

Dee said...

Hey Sis,
I'm glad . . . you know, you could learn this, too. You could just start each day making the choice to be happy - happy for yourself, not just smiling to make a show of it. It's easier said than done - what works for me is to say, "Hmm, yes, I'm feeling kinda moody. But I have a choice. I can stay moody. Or, I can choose to be happy. What am I happy about? Well, that I have a job that I like, my kids are doing well, a nice house, it's a pretty day out, I have a sister who loves me (that would be me)", whatever. Then say, "What would be more fun? To choose to be happy? Or to stay moody?"

Dee said...

Oops - meant to say, Love ya much, sis!

Rena said...

he he, I like it