Saturday, October 17, 2009

Illness Update

I didn't mean to make my last post sound dire - if anything, I have mild symptoms, just slightly achey, slight headache, some fatigue. It could be a lot worse. It's just kinda hanging on, which tells me that I need to rest. Luckily, I don't teach for a week or so - I'll be in Alaska interviewing and such, but most of the time, it'll be things I enjoy and I have students to help me out with the technical side of things. And, I'm with my relatives and other Alaska Natives which is always a good thing.

My son started getting a runny nose yesterday - not sure if he has a cold or if he just has some allergies to the hay. He's decided to rest up today so that we can go to Bauman Farms tomorrow. It's been rainy here today but only scattered showers are expected tomorrow. Yesterday, we went to another local farm, Heavenly Harvest, and raced ducks, shot the corn cannon, and went on a hayride and picked out pumpkins. It ended up being a beautiful if muggy day - temperatures got up to 75 I think, which is unusual for this time of year. We were supposed to have some showers according to the paper, but they didn't materialize until today. Afterwards, we just rested after we came home.

Today, we ran some errands. I'm trying to declutter the house a little bit, write thank you cards, hang up a new picture, and decorate pumpkins. An open house at a colleague's later. Dinner at a friend's tomorrow evening.

Happy week-end everyone!

No comments: