Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Saw the Doctor Today

I saw the radiation oncologist today. In the end, no infectionnin my bladder and my blood work is fine. No idea on what caused the blood in the urine, but as I said earlier, no ibuprofen and no diet pepsi. A very good friend scolded me for even drinking it - thank you!

The biggest concern my doctor had was pain management so she talked with Dr. K and it was decided that I should wear a fentanyl patch. It is longer lasting and releases medicine over three days. It should help with the arm and shoulder pain. At the moment, it gets better for awhile and then hurts, so this will get me more comfortable over the long term. Maybe in a couple of days, I can get back to more normal activities.

I will keep you posted on the patch. Good night!

No comments: