Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aggressive treatment

I saw the doctor yesterday who assured me that I am strong even if I don't feel like it. She said radiation is very aggressive treatment and at the moment I need all the rest I can get to heal.

She also said that I should be in no hurry to go off the pain meds because the more comfortable I am, the better I heal. I should expect to be tired for several weeks and will probably be on pain meds for awhile.

I asked why my hands shake and ahe said I am probably just weak now because my body is doing so much to heal from radiation.

My acupuncturist told me that this is my most challenging time with this disease and reminded me that now I am in a very yin time - I just need to hole up and rest. But yin eventually turns to yang so eventually I will gain more energy. The only constant is change.

I occasionally get blood in my urine and I think I notice it more when I don't drink as much water.

The wound in my arm is weeping more, sometimes with more blood. The tumor is shrinking, though.

I get Herceptin tomorrow. Hopefully that keeps other tumors at bay for awhile. Imreallymstart need to gain strength.

The doctor said fact that I don't have an infection and am maintaining my weight is good.

Please let me get through these next 8 treatments. Injust wish I felt better.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I hope you are feeling better today, Dee, and that you are getting lots of rest. You are an amazingly strong fighter.