Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School Tomorrow

There is something bittersweet about the start of the school year. Eddie starts tomorrow; fortunately for me, I don't officially start until Sept. 27.

A lot of my friends love fall time. I don't particularly like it. I see fall as a time when we lose all the beautiful blue skies and sunshine. I also lose the freedom of time. Summer has this unscheduled, do-as-I-want feel to it. When fall starts, I have to abide by other people's schedules. My time is not my own.

On the other hand, I reminded myself that of all the jobs in the world, I do happen to have one of the most flexible in terms of time. I just need to teach as scheduled and attend necessary meetings. But other than that, my time is my own as long as I can prove that I have been productive with regard to research and serve on committees. So I really can't complain too much.

I can, however, complain about getting up at 6:45 am!

No comments: