Friday, July 17, 2009

Getting Ready to Go to Alaska

Hello everyone!
This will be just a quick post as I have a lot I'd like to try to do today to get ready for my trip to Alaska. Still got to pack and do several other errands!

I'm doing well - I've upped my Xeloda dose up to 2/day beginning on Wednesday the 15th.. Not experiencing much in the way of side effects now. I think my body's gotten used to it and/or my "attitude adjustment" (welcoming what it does) has helped. I'm glad I gave myself a week-end off and then started it over again.

Went to my friend's pool on Wednesday evening and then we grilled burgers for dinner.

Went blueberry picking yesterday morning, Scott and I then ran an errand, and then Eddie, my folks, Scott, and I went to Alsea Falls. It was a beautiful, if hot, day.

Running errands with Eddie today, then to my office to pick up some things, then back home to pack and do several other things like prepare Eddie's invitations for his birthday party.

Have a great day!

We leave at 6:40am tomorrow out of Eugene and land in Nome at 8:10pm. A long day, but worth it. Aunt Becky picks us up at Anchorage for lunch - we have a 5 hour layover. Toni will pick us up from Nome. Yay!

2 comments:

Carver said...

I hope you have a fantastic time!

Daria said...

I'm excited for you ...

I wanted to thank you for your comment the other day when I was feeling down. I've thought about it a lot and it makes sense ... you suggested I allow myself 24 hours to feel down and out and then move on. That is great advice and I will carry that forward.