Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Living in the Moment .. . Feeling Happy and Loved

Had a quiet evening at home. Watching TV. Blogging. Doing Facebook. Got in touch with an old friend of mine from when I was in 5th and 6th grade. We did have fun together - I think her mom gave me a shag haircut back in the day! : ) (Hmm, maybe I try to find that picture! hahahaha)

I am trying to cultivate living in the moment these past couple of weeks. Trying not to worry too much about the future. Making peace with the ghosts of the past. Enjoying what the day is giving me. Choosing to be happy each day. I think it's working.

Received an email from my Hawaiian friend. My colleague who is now in White Mountain. Drank coffee with colleagues/former students. Had lunch with my Ph.D. student. Gave encouragement to another former student who was feeling guilty about being a working mom.

I'm happy. I'm feeling loved by lots of people. Thank you. You know who you are. If love has anything at all to do with beating this cancer . . . cancer doesn't stand a flippin' chance!! Thank you.

No comments: