Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Daily Update

Today was Eddie's first day at school. Apparently, it was uneventful, although Eddie said the day was "really long" and he was tired.

As for me, after an early dentist appointment (last week, part of a filling fell out; now I have to get a crown), I went to my office.

And, worked on that article.

Yes, you heard me. I actually had a full day to work on that article. I worked on it all yesterday evening while watching America's Got Talent. I'm really close to being done. And, while it was due last Thurs, the editors contacted me last night (they are in New Zealand) and wondered if I would be able to get it in ASAP. I replied that I could get it to them in 24 hours. I still have a few more hours to finish it up. Yay!

In other news, I seem to be having this kinda low-lying headache. It's not bad enough to take any pain reliever, but bad enough for me to notice. I'll see if it continues.

Last week, when I saw my oncologist's physician assistant, she examined the lymph nodes under my left arm. One has been swollen for several months and the CT scan in July estimated it to be about 2cm. When she palpated it, she thought it was only 1-1.5 cm. It's getting harder for me to find it - I checked it last Thursday and then again yesterday and today. It may only be 1cm.

I'd complained to my acupuncturist two weeks ago that the area under my left arm felt swollen and that when I rested my arm against my body, I could feel that area. So, she gave me a different Chinese herb (called Viola 12) to use. This particular herb is good against swollen lymph nodes and lung tumors, among other things. She said that another patient of hers with melanoma responded to it. So, I've been on Viola 12 for two weeks.

And, I've been on Femara since last Friday. Perhaps between the two of them, they are reducing the lymph nodes, which means that perhaps they are working against the lung tumors. One can only hope, right? I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Liz Kreger said...

Good going on the article, Dee. I assume you got it done and in to the publisher.

As to the lymph nodes, yes, keep us posted on them. Fortunately, I've never had problems with that area, so here's hoping your's goes away fast.

Dee said...

Hi Liz,
Yes, I did submit it to the publisher and found out today that it's been accepted! Yay!

Yeah, I'll keep you posted on the lymph node. I'm hoping it goes away fast, too! I'm surprised you've never had swollen lymph nodes . . .