Tuesday, April 14, 2009

No News is Good News?

I called Dr. K's office again today to get the results of last week's CT scan. His secretary told me that she'd left the note for him yesterday. I asked whether or not his nurse (or someone else) could give me the report. His secretary, D., found my chart - it was on his "to do" pile, which means that he is the one who wants to do the calling and won't leave it to his nurse or secretary. So, I must wait. D., though, did say that if they found something to be concerned about, he'd HAVE to call me, so the fact that he hasn't called yet is a good thing.

Dr. K's last day in the office is tomorrow - then I think he's off to the Philippines to treat patients in a prison there. When he told me where he was going, he gave me this little look of worry, a sort of "what did I get myself into?". I told him that he should go to YouTube and watch these Philippine prison inmates do Thriller by Michael Jackson. I figured if these prison inmates are dancing, they can't be all that bad, right?

I found that video after watching another video by these Australian aboriginal youths, who danced to Zorba the Greek. They became a kind of overnight sensation last year - one of the listserves I read sent the link. I loved that video, too. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: