Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wound Update

I saw my wound care nurse yesterday. The leg graft is healing. No sign of infection in the chest wound and the drainage is fairly minimal.

The big wound in the armpit went from a trapezoidal size of 4cm long by 2cm to 1cm wide to 3.5cm long to 1.5 to 1cm wide.

The four areas that were open are now healing. Three are almost healed. The fourth was about the same size (0.6 x 0.4cm). The fact that they are healing is probably due to the antibiotic, indicating that there was an infection (rather than cancer in the skin) in there of some sort. Being on steroids affected my immune system and delayed healing.

I am hopeful that within two weeks, I won't have any open wounds. I won't hold my breath, but things are improving, slowly but surely.

1 comment:

j said...

Dee, are you tired of being told 'you're a trouper' yet? I could heap a lot more praise on you for things big and small but I don't want to get on your nerves. (Example of small: I love the photos from your garden! Love the fact that you have a garden and that you really do stop and smell the daisies, tiptoe thru the tulips, gather ye rosebuds, etc.) Thinking of you!