Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm Home

I'm back home from Seattle; my stomach is feeling a little unsettled from the Cytoxan on Wednesday.  I didn't take the anti-nausea meds after yesterday morning and they said my stomach might be queasy for 48 hours.  I wanted to get off the meds, though, as much as possible.

I received my Herminator-2 Cells, all 1.465 billion of them, yesterday afternoon.  I am not having any side effects (which would be fever and chills and muscle aches) from that infusion.  Yay!  I may, however, end up with lymph nodes that are more swollen on that side, particularly since that's the side I get my infusion on.  But it seems the same now.  I'll let you all know if it changes.

Otherwise, I'm just tired.  My brother snores - very loudly - and I couldn't get to sleep last night or the night before, so I'm low on sleep.  That'll be rectified tonight as I'm in my own bed.  Yay!

Tonight, I take Eddie to his school's carnival.  I'm soooo glad the sun came out for it.  It's the first real sun we've seen in days and days.

Anyway, have a good one.  I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Welcome home. Let those herminator cells do their magic.

I had Herceptin without you. It made me tired. Every time I have it, it feels like a new experience. But I agree, it is always better to have less of a punch than expected.

Dee said...

Thanks, Joanna! I got back up for the next Hermination Day next Thursday. I'm resting and trying to let the cells do what they need to do.

My Herceptin appointment is tomorrow, so I'm a day or so behind you. Here's to less of a punch than expected.