Sunday, February 21, 2010

Soy, Green Tea, Blueberries, Red Wine, and Dark Chocolate

Here's an interesting article about diet and how these foods are effective against cancer cells (and even fat!) because they cut off the cell's blood supply. I am going to endeavor to eat these foods more - and even start incorporating them into my daily diet. I already eat soy a few times a week (usually soy milk) and green tea in the morning (will try to start drinking more cups each day). Now, I just need to bring in blueberries more often and dark chocolate - and maybe get some red wine. They say that they work better in combination. Thank you to Gooey and to Chris for posting variations of this article!

What I found interesting is that the researchers found that these foods are as effective (or maybe more effective) as traditional chemotherapy drugs at cutting off the cancer cells blood supply.

That strengthens my opinion that I should avoid chemo for as long as I can. I need to make my body healthier not break it down with toxic chemicals.

Now, if I can just cut out the sugars!

8pm diet update: I had wheat toast and green tea for breakfast; a blueberry muffin and a soy chai for a mid-morning snack; a mandarine orange; a granola bar; turkey sandwich with a few chips and a diet pepsi; red licorice and dark chocolate pieces (mom got a deal on them at the store today); roast beef, with roasted potatoes and carrots; tugayuk (a green from Alaska, preserved in misagaq - seal oil); a drum stick (ice cream cone with chocolate/nuts). I'm still feeling hungry; and a few red grapes. It must be because of the long walk in the sun today - about an hour, maybe an hour and a half. Anticancer foods: green tea, blueberries, soy, dark chocolate, red grapes. Sugar: chai, red licorice, ice cream with chocolate. Hmm . . . I think that was an okay day!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I throw a handful of frozen blueberries into my oatmeal every morning, along with 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed. You might want to read Foods That Fight Cancer by Richard BĂ©liveau. http://www.amazon.ca/Foods-That-Fight-Cancer-Preventing/dp/0771011350/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266848811&sr=8-1

That books changed the way I eat - or at least the way I TRY to eat...

Dee said...

Hi Chris, Thanks for that article, I'll check it out!

And, yes, I understand completely - the way I TRY to eat! Exactly! Old habits die hard.