Saturday, November 14, 2009

Busy Long Friday, Relaxing Lazy Saturday

I made it through yesterday. Eddie and I left the house about 7:15am to pick up my dad and walked back in the door at 11:15pm.

Holy cow. We were late to our appointment and Shriners and then it took them almost an hour and a half to call us back. The doctor just looked at Eddie's feet and the lax ligaments in his ankles. Maybe sometime in the future, we'd consider surgery but only if Eddie complains about foot pain.

Then, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch - Eddie played trivia. Then to the Wunderland arcade.

Then, Eddie and dad dropped me off at a friend's house - I finally got to meet Andrew's (who suggested that I blog about my cancer treatments) new baby girl. She was adorable!

Andrew, Alma, and I then went to a coffee place in the Pearl District, visited, then he dropped me off at Powell's. I met Scott there (Scott and I are just friends now) and we visited, then went to the Deschutes Brew Pub for a beer.

Scott then dropped me off at the Governor Hotel, where I went to the NAYA (Native American Youth Association) Gala. I got there about 6:15pm and we left about 9:30pm. One of my colleagues and her son gave me a lift back to my folks' place, where I picked up Eddie and my car.

Whew. I survived the day. At one point, I was tired at the dinner, but then I caught a second wind. The Executive Director of NAYA is a former student of OSU - she took one of my classes and she was friends with my cousin, Mark. Under her leadership, the organization has really taken off. I am very proud of her.

But I've been tired all day today. Just ran a couple of errands with Eddie - then dropped him off with his dad.

Just staying at home, watching TV and movies. Playing around with the idea of being productive. But so far, the laziness is winning! He he he.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments: