Monday, February 9, 2009

Drug Repositories

Last spring, I found out about drug repositories in other states (google drug repositories) and when I mentioned it to the local breast cancer support group, several women thought it was a good idea. I wondered how I could get our Oregon state legislature and a colleague said to contact my local rep, Sara Gelser.

Sara's assistant just contacted me on Friday, the day of my surgery, and told me that Sara's introduced the bill in the Oregon State legislature! How cool is that!

So, for all of you Oregon residents out there, email your local state reps and tell them you want to support this bill to create a drug repository here in Oregon!! It's better than dumping unwanted drugs down the toilet (where it gets into our groundwater) or mixing it with coffee grinds or kitty litter to be put into the landfill.

How cool is that!

No comments: