Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tech Troubles, but back on track

Hi Everybody. Sorry I haven't blogged in a couple of days but there were some technical difficulties between my email, having enough memory, and sending voice recordings to Rebecka to post.

It's been kind of an up-and-down weekend and early week so far. What seems to have done the trick is the Compazine suppository, which means (long story short) I've been able to keep some fluids down at least. The Phenergan and Zofran weren't quite doing it. I also decided to start taking steroids again, just in case my head was swelling and causing the nausea. What I really want to be is nausea and pain free, so that I could eventually do some work. I'm still getting things under control so I haven't really done much.

I have received a lot of nice gifts. I told you about Margret's Pomo Medicine Basket. A girlfriend gave me a check, a fairly large check, for Eddie's slush fund that he can use for whatever he wants one day. I just had a colleague stop by around lunch time and he brought flowers and Ganesh, who will help me on my journey- whatever my journey might be. He also shared some Hindu words of enlightenment and ways to look at things that will help quite a bit.

I've had a lot of visits from hospice. I tried to do my own suppository in the middle of night last night, but didn't quite get it. So a little before 7am we called hospice and within 10 minutes Mary Lou was here to give me my suppository. And I've been feeling a lot better ever since. I need to learn how to give them to myself, or have my mom learn how to give them to me.

I can't really think of anything else, but if I can get this nausea and constipation under control I think I will be able to get a lot more done.

Hope you're doing well. Talk to you later!

No comments: