Sunday, May 8, 2011

"'Cuz Two out of Three Ain't Bad"

The last few days, I've had a headache (from Friday evening to today, that extends from the back of my neck to my temples and on the top of my head). I've also had a leg cramp in my right calf early Friday morning. And, I've also had several hot flashes in the last few days.

When I looked up symptoms for Dilaudid withdrawal, I learned that leg cramps and hot flashes are common.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Not sure where the headache is coming from, but my guess it's part of the Dilaudid withdrawal. I'm trying to wean myself from them. I've gone from one every 4-6 hours early last week, to one Dilaudid every 6-8 hours on Tues/Wed, to one every 8-12 hours Thurs/Fri/Sat. I didn't mean to do 12, but that's what happens when it comes to sleep and the timing of when I take the Dilaudid.

The left arm/surgical side doesn't hurt much. Now the lymphedema hurts more - like a bruise. It's the right arm that bothers me, but it helps when I try to relax it. So, I think that I can get by with just the Tylenol and Ibuprofen. (I only take Ibuprofen once a day.) So, I will try to go to one every 10-12 hours and then stretch that so that it's one every 12-14 hours for a few days and then make it 1/2 every 12-14 hours and then do away, eventually, with the half a pill. We'll see.

Tomorrow, I head to Portland to see the plastic surgeon. Then I see the local surgeon in town.

I guess that means today, I need to grade papers, pay bills, and help Eddie. Yesterday was my day to be lazy. Today is my day to do some work. I feel like it, so I guess that's good!

I plan to keep weaning myself from the Dilaudid. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: