Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tit for Tat

On Tuesday, my colleague, Bryan, was in search of a video that talked about contemporary anthropological fieldwork - basically, what is the "field" and do anthropologists still study the "other"? Well, we didn't have a video and it turns out that my fieldwork is multi-sited (there are King Islanders in several areas, not in their homeland) and I'm also this kind of insider-outsider with this community since I'm a descendent who grew up outside the community. So, I volunteered to talk in his class at the last minute. Worked out well and had some good questions.

But right before the class, I told Bryan that I would ask him to do a guest lecture or two during Winter Term when I'm recovering from my surgery. His response? "Sure, tit for tat!" Then, with a laugh, "No pun intended!"

Yeah right. I think that means he's the "tat"? LOL

In other news, my wound care nurse said that the wound has continued to improve over the last three weeks. Cool.

No comments: