Thursday, September 1, 2011

Not much new

This week, I have had a lot of appointments - wound care, acupuncture,physical therapy, therapy, and home visits with two of Eddie's middle school teachers.

The hone visits went well. It will be hard forEddie the first month or so, but he eventually get the hang of it.

The arm radiation wound is leaking a lot, but part of that may be due to the fact that physical therapy is working to move the lymph fluid upmyarm. If it drains out, that is fib with me. She is also streching my right arm and I started some strength training. I think that is why my right arm hurt more yesterday.

Constipation is an ongoing problem, but my acupuncturist, Brodie, gave me some more herbs that will helpfully help.

I think I have made the decision. To go with COBRA until the end of the year. Then I will move to OMIP(Oregon Medical Insurance Pool). OMIP doesn't cover acupuncture and has a $1500 deductible on top of the premium, so it ends up being a few hundred more than just paying COBRA and getting reimbursed for acupuncture. Acupuncture is very important to me and would like to keep insurance for a few more months to get me over my current pain/constipation/energy hump.

Hope everyone is well!

No comments: