Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunny Days and Energy

On Saturday, it was beautiful here in the Willamette Valley, especially through the early afternoon. It was sunny and nearly 70 degrees out.

I had a sponge bath (no showers yet while the wound in the armpit still heals), then went Easter shopping for Ed and found a couple of button down shirts for me. Then my folks and Eddie and I went to lunch. Then, I took myself to urgent care for a dressing change. I then took Eddie to the park. I rested on the bench while he ran around with a former classmate and a new friend. Then, in the evening, he went to Nerf Gun Night. I dropped him off at 5:30pm and picked him up at 8:30pm.

A busy, almost normal day. I rested between activities.

But yesterday, it was cloudy and rainy. I was lazy. I think the only thing I did was go to urgent care. We watched a couple of movies on Netflix (Salt and one with Julia Stiles called Cry of the Owl which was strange and weird). My brother Kevy came over for dinner with me and my folks. Mom made turkey and other Thanksgiving goodies. It was good! Thanks, mom! (Scotty has been in Albuquerque visiting a friend. Ed went to his dad's.)

The doctor at urgent care, who changed my dressing both days, thought that the wound looked better on Sunday and also thought there may have been less drainage (i.e., less bleeding).

The wound, the last few days, has less serous drainage. Instead, it's bleeding more. I'm not sure if that's a good sign. I'll find out today as I have an appointment with the plastic surgeon. I plan to talk to her about why I wasn't prepared by them for still having an open wound afterwards. I will also tell them how long the wound had the infection - until last Tuesday or 2 1/2 weeks.

I also took the transparent film dressing off the skin graft donor site on my thigh. I was nervous as I thought it would stick, but fortunately, while I had to tug in a couple of places, it didn't stick or hurt. I am able to wear pants with the fabric rubbing on the area without it really bothering me.

So, more progress. I think I will be able to teach tomorrow. Finally!

No comments: