Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wow - a great new friend!

When I was in Norway in May, I met Renee, a Hawaiian geographer. She and I hit it off and have been having this wonderful email exchange regarding healing and relationships and also work - she and I are hatching a plan. Anyway, Renee offered to let us stay at her house in Hilo if and when we were able to come to Hawaii. Initially, she was going to be traveling in September, but now she's going to be home, so I decided to go to Hawaii and visit her and not worry about home improvement projects.

I booked our trip for the last week of September, before I start teaching, and Eddie is coming with me.

She started asking me this week what we might like to do and then, the other day, told me that Hawaiian Airlines was having a $25 one-way island-hopping special. She asked if we were interested and I thought going to one island might be fun and the next morning . . . .

she had already booked an overnight stay for us on Oahu!!! So, we'll fly to Hilo, stay two days, go to Oahu for a night, then back to Hilo for three days before we head home.

Isn't that amazing? I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful new, generous friend. Thank you, Renee!!

Hawaii - Here we come!!!

2 comments:

Carver said...

What fun Dee. I know you'll have a wonderful time.

MisAnthropology said...

Of course, I can't recommend Kauai enough...