Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I spent most of my afternoon at work yesterday - my son was over at his dad's house, going to a swimming hole. It was a nice afternoon. I had an impromptu lunch with a colleague and we had a good conversation. Then, I met with my grad research assistant, then turned in my receipts for Oxford, then tried to get my email inbox cleaned out some. But a colleague invited me out for a birthday drink for her birthday, so I joined them! It was an enjoyable time.

I am in summer mode, for sure. I really really need to get to some writing. My family and I are heading to the coast for five days, starting Saturday. I'm kinda thinking of getting up early to write while everyone is sleeping. Hmmm ...

Otherwise, no other news to report. I am taking my meds and trying to get enough sleep and rest. I can tell a difference in terms of how much spice I can handle - anything with tomato sauce or curry burns my tongue. Well, it doesn't burn it, but I can certainly feel my tongue. It's sensitive to anything acidic or spicy. Other than that, I'm trying to work on my visualizations regarding the lung spots. My friend, Renee in Hawaii has been helping me with that - something I really appreciate!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

Carver said...

I hope you have a good time with your family on the coast. I'm sending out good thoughts for you. I think visualization can be a powerful tool and I'm glad you're still doing that.

Liz Kreger said...

Its gonna be hard to get out of summer mode. I'm soooo not looking forward to the colder weather, but its just around the corner.

I highly recommend early morning writing, Dee. Its quiet, dark and conducive to creativity.

Have a good time on the coast.

Dee said...

Hi Carver and Liz,
Thanks, you two, for your continued support! I do appreciate it.

And, Liz, it looks like I will be doing some early morning writing while I'm at the coast this week. I just found out that an article I submitted for publication was tentatively accepted pending revisions! Yay!

Take care, both of you!