Thursday, May 7, 2009

A couple of margaritas and . . .

I'm ready to go to Norway. I'd been feeling guilty about leaving - my son, for the most part, my partner, my students, etc. I've been feeling like I wanted to cancel and feeling guilty about leaving my son, my partner, my house, my cat, etc. But after two margaritas, I feel okay.

I must admit that I'm also looking forward to having time to myself for awhile. It feels weird, but as my partner Scott pointed out, I probably need to think just about me for awhile and not worry about anything else.

The break will do me good. I'm just not used to focusing just on me and I feel guilty and selfish for doing so.

Once I get on the plane, I'm sure I'll be fine ...

4 comments:

Carver said...

You do need time to focus on yourself although I understand it's hard to leave loved ones even for a while. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Good to read about your good numbers below!

Dee said...

Hi Carver,
Thanks! Yes, I do need to focus on myself, but it's hard. It's also more fun to travel with someone than by myself. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there. Traveling's just hard because it interrupts my sleep.

I was so relieved about those numbers, too!

Liz Kreger said...

I agree, Dee. You need "ME" time. Believe me ... the guilt will go away.

Like the idea of using margaritas to convince yourself ... works for me. LOL

Have a terrific trip. Any remaining guilt will still be there when you get back.

Dee said...

Liz,
Great point! Yeah, the margaritas helped. I do need to let go of the guilt. Everyone will survive without me. They'll be happy to see me when I get home, but they will be fine, right?