Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm in Bergen!

So, Scott and I arrived in Bergen yesterday afternoon. We were both really tired. We checked into our hotel, took a shower, found dinner, and then came back to the hotel and fell asleep by about 9:30pm. We slept in until 8:30am Bergen time, and then had breakfast and decided to wander around. We had a great day. It rained yesterday and through the night, but we ended up with mostly sun all day. It was chilly, though. We took the funicular (a kind of cable car) to the top of Mt. Floien today and wandered around the hilltop. Parts of it were still covered in snow. Things are just now blooming here - dwarf irises, some daffodils, and crocuses. It was a beautiful day. I think I got a bit of wind burn on my face. It feels okay now, but earlier today, it was red.

Tomorrow, the conference starts. I may be at the conference all day - maybe not so much on Wednesday. I hope to spend more time wandering around.

This evening, we went to a place called the "Harbour Cafe" and had dinner and a beer or two and found out that our wait staff were from Italy and Morocco, originally. The two guys from Italy were married to a Norwegian (who he met in Florida) and Kenya. They've both worked in the states, Dubai, and now Norway. Both of them say that they don't like Bergen so much - it's way too cold for them. They're both from Sicily. It was fun chatting with them.

Well, I need to get settled in ... gotta get up in about 8 hours! Yikes! I think my body is still on West Coast time!

No comments: