Friday, September 12, 2008

Beautiful Weather - Conducive to Writing?

We are having some beautiful weather here in the Pacific Northwest. It got up to 90 yesterday, but it didn't feel like it was too too hot. Absolutely blue skies - I would say clear, but the Willamette Valley has developed a haze over the past 15-20 years, unfortunately. On my drive to Portland yesterday, I could see Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens, plain as day.

The weather makes me want to play, but I do have some writing I need to get done. I finally completed a revise and resubmit yesterday and sent it off. YAY! Today, I will do some reading about ivory carvings and Happy Jack (an Eskimo ivory carver around the turn of the 20th century) and then attempt to write two 250-word descriptions of two ivory carvings for an exhibit that will be at the National Museum of the American Indian in Washington, DC in 2010. That's my chore for today. But at least I will get to maybe sit on a patio at a coffee shop while I do that. Either that or hang out in Powell's.

Have a great week-end everyone!

2 comments:

Carver said...

Sitting on the coffee shop patio while doing your writing is a great idea. It's cooling off here, WHOOHOOO. I may start taking the laptop out on the deck swing to work.

Dee said...

Hi Carver,
It was fun - I actually sat at the coffee shop at Powell's, this wonderful city-size book store in Portland. I got my object descriptions drafted. I need to type them up and edit them . . . but they are done! I actually made a deadline for the first time in a long time!

I'm jealous of your deck and deck swing. I'm planning to make a deck in my own backyard, but I need to earn some money before that happens. I'm glad it's cooling off for you!