Monday, August 11, 2008

I think it's a ruptured tissue expander

I finally got up the nerve last night to really feel those two areas - one that's more black and the other that's turned clear but sorta grayish in color. I didn't want to feel them if 1) it was healing tissue or 2) it was cancerous tissue. But the area grew a bit yesterday and exposed more of the surface - so I felt it and it feels like plastic.

I think radiation caused the tissue expander to rupture. My body's trying to get rid of this tissue expander and that's why I have a fever. When I changed my dressing today, the whole area was clear, with a grayish tint and it was poking out more. Sorta like those cones Madonna wore for a bra in one of those videos, but it was pointing about 45 degrees to the right instead of straight ahead.

That's what I think anyway. I find out for sure at 10:15am this morning, when I see my plastic surgeon. If I have a chance, I'll post a blog about what it is and what he plans to do. If not, I may be out of touch for a few days.

No comments: