Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It really is melting . . .

A couple of weeks ago, I started outlining the red area on my skin around the right breast implant. I wanted to be able to state whether it continued to spread or not. My habit was to reoutline the area on Sunday, to monitor growth on a weekly basis. I outlined it again on Sunday - and using the Chinese herbs and mushrooms, the redness seemed to stopped spreading, except for one or two spots. I stopped those herbs when I started Xeloda and Tykerb on Sunday. Guess what? I swear the redness is already beginning to fade away. Cool, huh? I take this to mean that the meds are working! Yippee! Especially since I seem to be feeling little side effects.

I mean, other than sleeplessness. I could not get to sleep last night. I tossed and turned. I maybe got an hour or two, but not a deep sleep. I even had an anxiety dream from about 5:30-6:30am in which I did not get my act together because this household of people (mostly family members) kept messing with my stuff and then I couldn't find it. I was then late getting my son and bringing him to school this morning - and his class is running chapel today with a little play about Daniel and the Lions. The teacher gave Eddie the role of one of the soldiers because it has more speaking parts and he is the best reader in class. So, it was important to get him to school on time and I messed up. He missed his chapel. I'd been feeling these spasms or whatever in my chest yesterday, centered right around my breast bone. That made me anxious to think that maybe something was going on with my heart. Now, I think it was just anxiety . . .

No comments: