Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"I'm melting, I'm melting . . ."

Remember what happened to the Wicked Witch of the West? Yep, that's exactly what I'm imagining the cancer cells saying as the two new drugs hit them. Ha! Take that, cancer!

There's a witch theme going on today. Remember my earlier post "Time to Kick Ass"? I said then that I wanted to imagine the two drugs as mallets bludgeoning the cancer. I imagined myself swinging a mallet, but then I decided that there was only one of me and that I needed more. I remembered Mrs. Weasley in one of the Harry Potter books - I think it was the first time Harry Potter went to their house and he walked into the kitchen and just saw all this activity going on - a spoon was stirring a pot on the stove, maybe something else chopping up veggies, and then some knitting needles knitting something. All going on, all at once, with no human help. So, I started imagining lots of mallets going on, without me helping them except for waving my wand. I told that to my counselor today and she mentioned that maybe I should conjure up a Patronus while I'm at it! Sounds good to me!

I also bought the book "Wicked" the other day at Borders. I'm letting my dad read it, first. It came out a year or two ago and is a book about the Wizard of Oz from the Wicked Witch's point of view. Since I just bought the book, I figure that's when the "I'm melting, I'm melting . . ." comment came to mind.

Obviously, still doing okay on the drugs. Yay!

Oh, I forgot. I had a couple of spots on my cheek checked by a dermatologist today. Good news - nothing to worry about! They are called "seborrheic keratoses". Benign, pigment filled spots . . . whew! Saw Jeanne's post about melanoma a few weeks ago on The Assertive Cancer Patient blog and thought I should have it checked, just to be sure.

No comments: