Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Well, crap!

So, a quick update:

I got the results of the bone and CT scan today. The bone scan wasn't too helpful, but the CT scan found calcium deposits scattered throughout my bones. They are the size of bb's. They're too small to biopsy so we don't know for sure that they are bone metastases (like Elizabeth Edwards). But the assumption is that they are because there isn't much else (I don't think) that would cause the calcium deposits. So, crap! It would really be nice to hear some good news!

Well, I guess the good news is that there wasn't any sign of cancer in my liver, my lungs, or my brain.

So, it's onward I go with the Xeloda and Tykerb. They should be in the mail in the next day or two. In the meantime, I've caught myself a little cold and it's mostly in my chest. I guess stress and an already weakened immune system are to blame there. Dr. Kenyon said wait and see whether or not this cold gets worse. If it doesn't, then I go ahead and start the two drugs.

I will get another CT scan in three months and hopefully by then these drugs will have caused the red area to disappear. It will probably be 6-12 months before we see those calcium deposits disappear, but the CT scan will hopefully show that there aren't any more of them nor are they getting bigger.

Please keep those positive vibes and prayers coming my way. And, keep toasting, "TO HELL WITH CANCER!"

I also need to post another joke, for all of our sakes! I'll try to get a good one out there tomorrow.

No comments: