Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thankful for insurance!

I mentioned that I had "several thousands" of dollars in meds on my doorstep. Wanna know the grand total for a month's worth of Tykerb and Xeloda? $5181.79.

Yup, over $5,000. $3104.50 for 150 pills of Tykerb and $2077.29 for 126 pills of Xeloda. (I take Xeloda for 2 weeks and then am off a week.)

I take 5 pills of Tykerb on an empty stomach or an hour after eating, then take 3 Xeloda, twice/day within an hour after eating. That's 11 pills a day, folks. On top of about 31 other pills each day (herbal supplements and Ibuprofen or Tylenol and calcium).

It's the cost, ultimately, that's scary. But chemo was about $2500 or more each time when I had it five years ago. Whew! Having cancer is not inexpensive. Boy, am I glad I have insurance.

Trying to enjoy another beautiful sunny day. Need to get my son out and about a bit. See ya all soon.

No comments: