Thursday, February 3, 2011

We're in Hawaii!

We made it safely to Honolulu yesterday and after finding the place and settling in, Eddie was in the water for at least an hour and a half. Then we relaxed through the evening.

Today, we woke up early, before dawn since our bodies are still on Oregon time. Then I walked down to the beach to watch the sunset - I was down there an hour and a half and enjoyed myself thoroughly! Took some great pics, which I will post someday.

Then, after lunch, we went to Sea Life Park - Eddie and I went last year - we watched the Dolphin Show and got wet. Then because I found a coupon and saved $35 and then found out that they discounted the Dolphin Encounter by $30, I decided to let Eddie get up close and personal with Maui, the Atlantic bottle nosed dolphin. He got to "dance" with him and then the dolphin kissed him and he kissed the dolphin. (He thought that was kinda weird, kissing a boy dolphin!)

Then, after resting a little bit, Eddie and I had dinner with a friend from high school, who now lives here in Honolulu. It was fun catching up.

But I am tired. My wound has been draining more, if that is possible. It regularly leaks out. Dang! Part of the reason is that there are so many lumps and bumps, it's hard to get a good seal with the plastic adhesive over it, so when I move, a little hole is created. Good thing our place here has a washer and dryer.

Did I mention that our little one-bedroom with kitchenette place (with a decent sized sitting room), is right on Kailua Beach? It's a nice comfortable place and the owner and his daughter are very nice people.

I could get used to this . . .

We've got two more days here. I think after another sunrise walk and playing in the water in the morning, we may go for a drive to the NOrth Shore. I'll let you know what we do on the flip side!

No comments: