Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I know it's a ruse, but still a good sale!

I usually don't discuss my shopping habits on this blog, as it is not directly related to the purpose of it. However, I enabled the monetize function on the blog and now Google's AdSense is putting ads in the upper right hand corner. AdSense, from what I understand, uses the content from the blog to decide which ads to display. I just clicked through my last few posts to see if the ads change, and yes, they do, depending on what I talk about. So this post is an experiment to see what AdSense displays.

While I was in Alaska, my suitcase broke - the handle broke off near the bottom and that somehow affected the way the wheels turned. So after I visited the ER, my cousin, C., took me to Kohl's. I found a sturdier suitcase on sale, for $90. About $60 off. But I also received $10 in Kohl's cash.

I know this is a ruse to get you back into the store to purchase more things, because, really, what can you get for $10? On the other hand, it is $10 off of whatever you buy.

Well, it is back-to-school season, meaning time to buy Eddie new school clothes. And the stitching was coming apart on my purse. In the end, I bought two purses ( one for mom because she can't find one that fits everything), two pairs of athletic pants for Eddie ( he doesn't like jeans), and three summer print t-shirts for me, mom, and dad. I also had a 20% off coupon. I got that whole list of stuff for $59!

Not too shabby, eh? : )

No comments: