Thursday, August 19, 2010

Biopsy Results

Dr. K. did a biopsy on Tuesday and his office  called with the results of it today.  The news?  The nodule he removed from under the lymph nodes was positive for cancer.

My interpretation is that the cancer is trying to run away from the t-cells in the lymph nodes.  So, it ran away to the skin.

This is what I wrote on Facebook earlier today:  "We, meaning my docs and I, knew that that cancer was in the lymph nodes. The cancer migrated (I.e., ran away from the t -cells in the nodes) to the skin area, so it wasn't much of a surprise. The UW doctor said that I may be eligible for another trial, which uses a topical treatment plus Abraxane. They are having "remarkable" results with that, apparently. I will find out later what they decide. I am just tired if this "third boob" under my armpit!"

So, now it needs to be treated. But Dr. K.  is going to talk to Dr. D. from UW about what the next step will be.  I will post when I know more!

3 comments:

Carver said...

I'm sorry to hear that it's cancerous. I'll be sending out good vibes for you to get the best treatment for you. Sorry I don't comment more. You are in my thoughts and I've been keeping up with your blog on bloglines but the problem with bloglines is I tend to read posts and think I'll get over to comment and don't as much as when I go directly to the blog to read. Take care, Carver

Joanna said...

I wish this were not happening but I know that the treatment will ultimately kick it in the butt. Take care and keep that positive attitude. You are the least self pitying person. I think your inner self knows that ultimately you will beat this.

Dee said...

@Carver, yes. I read your blog when I have am chance but rarely get a chance to comment. I think of you often, too, and appreciate your thinking of me and sending the good vibes!

@Joanna, yeah. I guess I think I will eventually beat this thing. I think that if we couldnget this undermcontrol, the t-cell therapy will keep it there. I appreciate you continuing to read my blog!