Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another biopsy

Dr. K. decided to do another biopsy, this time under the big purple swollen area. He got one of the nodules there, I believe. I guess he didn't want to wait until I see the surgeon on Friday.

He really didn't want to talk about what the next steps are until we get the biopsy results. However, I did get something out of him. In the end, what it boils down to is that I am getting very tired of having these swollen lymph nodes in my armpit. I don't feel comfortable wearing anything sleeveless. And I am tired of the pain. So, depending on the biopsy results and in consultation with the UW doctors, I will probably have radiation to that underarm area.

Usually, they don't want to do this as radiation does scar the tissue, in this case, the lymph nodes. However, the lymph is starting to back up to the nodes under my collar bone and that could then lead to lymphedema in my left arm.

Which is the lesser of two evils?

I also asked about being very sensitive to smells and he said that it improbably due to my heightened immune system. Which is what I said in yesterday's post.

No other news at the moment! Have a great day!

No comments: