Monday, March 28, 2011

Near Tears - Need a Distraction

Near tears? Actually, when talking to my two grad students in the last couple of days, I've actually teared up, especially when they asked how I'm doing. One of them even told me today that I don't need to put a brave face on for her benefit!

But in truth, I put a brave face on because it makes me feel better. I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself.

I was feeling nauseous this morning - I took two of my nerve pain pills (which is allowable), but I found that it's too much for my system.

I am fatigued. I slept decently last night and so was able to operate fairly normally this morning. But by the time I got home, I felt tired. Work was a welcome distraction.

I still have a stuffy nose. And the pain pills wear off after a couple of hours or so.

My plan is to endure the next few days. I am trying to focus on the fact that by this time next week, I might be heading home. Surgery will be done with and I will no longer have a growth under my armpit.

My dad is also frustrated because he's not able to do much and when he does, he gets tired.

I think we both need to foci on what we can do, not on what we can't do, right dad?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right Dee! Thanks for the reminder. Your upcoming surgery is a huge success (present tense). Love you...

laurie said...

"focus on what we can do" - that last sentence should be a mantra. xo

laurie said...

and dr. laurie prescribes curling up with a season of either: Modern Family, Community, Firefly or Sports Night - instant distraction. Bet you can't stop at one episode!

Dee said...

@dad, thanks! Love you, too.

@Laurie, Modern Family looks hilarious - but I haven't heard of Community or Firefly - I will have to check those out! Thanks for the suggestions!