Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm blaming chemo and getting older!! LOL

I am tired today. I guess I walked a lot. But I woke up three times last night (my norm lately is only 1 - a HUGE improvement).

I spent late afternoon and into the evening hanging out with a colleague and my grad research assistant. My colleague, T., was in town from Oxford (I visited him at a symposium in August 2009) and we had to talk about our project on ANCSA. I was supposed to meet him and another colleague at the Society for Human Ecology conference in Las Vegas in April, but the conference happens just three weeks post-surgery, so I can't make it. I'm going to send my research assistant to give my paper for me.

Anyway, we had dinner - and I had 2 microbrews - but I was home by about 7:30pm or so.

This afternoon, another friend called me to ask a favor. He asked how I was doing and I replied that I was tired because I was "out late last night"!!

He then asked, "How late?" and I said, "8:00pm". He just chuckled and said, "8pm is late for you!"

Why, yes. It is!!

Sheesh. I'm getting older!! But I think I can also blame chemo, eh? LOL

1 comment:

Liz Kreger said...

Oh, definitely blame chemo. Never admit that age is slowing you down. LOL. I'm usually home and in bed by 8:00/9:00 p.m. How pitiful is that?