Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I have great friends

I posted the news on Facebook that I was eligible for the UW trial and said that I would be seeking travel funds.

One friend offered to drive me if she can find childcare, one friend said that if the American Cancer Society or the local cancer center do not have funds, then he said he thought a bunch of people would be willing to contribute, and another friend said they might be able to get me some Marriot Points donations. All within about an hour of posting my news on Facebook.

I also keep forgetting to post this: my former sister-in-law, Darlene, is going to do the Avon Walk for breast cancer - which is almost 40 miles - in the Washington DC area. I think she's expected to raise $1800, so if anyone wants to help sponsor Darlene, let me know!

Don't I have great friends? I think so! So, all my readers, please give them a round of applause and also take a bow yourself for your support!

Thank you, everyone!

2 comments:

Yoga on the Steps said...

So fantastic that you have such a strong support system!

Daria said...

What great friends!